lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NPE on startup when you comment out the queries in firstSearcher
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2011 13:18:01 GMT
Perhaps a JIRA issue, changes entry, and maybe a unit test if it's simple and makes sense -
otherwise, commit away!

For really trivial stuff, one or all of those steps have been skipped in the past.

Otherwise, it's up to you to determine what you feel safe committing and what you are willing
to be held accountable for ;)

On Jun 12, 2011, at 3:03 PM, Erick Erickson wrote:

> I think this has been around forever (I'm seeing it in 1.4.1 too), but
> I just happened to notice it. If you comment out the <arr
> name="queries"> section in firstSearcher, you get an NPE as below:
>
> Any reason I shouldn't make a patch and even apply it when I get my
> credentials? It's a trivial fix, just return if the list is null.
>
> Erick
>

> SEVERE: java.lang.NullPointerException
> 	at org.apache.solr.core.QuerySenderListener.newSearcher(QuerySenderListener.java:47)
> 	at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore$3.call(SolrCore.java:1117)
> 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
> 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
> 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
> 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com