lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 3.3 release soon?
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 17:32:12 GMT
I think we might target fewer than 6-8 a month. That would be scary! I would guess it will
be once a month at worse, and often less. Time will tell.

You must already give version info with questions if you want decent help - nothing is going
to change that.

- Mark

On Jun 21, 2011, at 1:15 PM, johnmunir@aol.com wrote:

> -1 on release early & often.
>

> Let us say you average 6-8 releases a month, this means there will be that many versions
used by users.  Which means the amount of testing done on a release (by real users, in real
environment) will be spread thin thus a release will not get the same amount of testing it
otherwise would.  Not only that, more releases means more release specific questions.  Expect
to see questions / issues reported and you must ask "what version are you using?" before you
can answer.

> May I suggest a scheduled release, once a quarter, near the end of a quarter?
>

> -JM

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com