lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Martijn v Groningen <martijn.is.h...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Facet path
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 21:58:44 GMT
There is already an issue open for this:
LUCENE-3079

As the issues describes, the faceting in Solr relies on the schema (and off
course the UIF).
So having the noting of a FieldType in the facet module would be very
helpful for selecting the right facet implementation.
Currently in Solr there is only one facet method for field facet that work
per-segment,
but I think in the end we would want all facet types and methods to work on
a per-segment basis.

Martijn