lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: Storing and loading the FST directly from disk
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 07:06:57 GMT
> here you should rather store pointers to another file and mmap that
> file. Keep your FST as lean and compact as possible and make sure its
> in memory. The compression should do a good job for you here!

Yes, this is a good idea. If you can share a sample of that data that
you want to keep in an FST I may be able to recommend something to
keep it smaller in the FST (hint: try to provide a representation
that will share as many suffixes and prefixes as possible since these
conflate into a single path, no matter how many sequences you have).

Dawid