lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1141510 - /lucene/dev/trunk/modules/facet/src/java/org/apache/lucene/util/UnsafeByteArrayOutputStream.java
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 18:50:53 GMT
> I don't seen any evidence that this is any slower though.

You need to run with -client (if the machine is a beast this is tricky
because x64 will pick -server regardless of the command-line setting)
and you need to be copying generic arrays. I think this can be shown
-- a caliper benchmark would be perfect to demonstrate this in
isolation; I may write one if I find a spare moment.

Dawid