lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release 3.3
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2011 07:03:00 GMT
there is no code freeze anywhere... in my opinion, if you find little
things to fix, just commit!!! (and backport also to
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/branches/lucene_solr_3_3/)

I named the RC with the revision number, if we decide to go with it
anyway, we just use that rev for svn tagging.
But if lots of good things are found/fixed, then 'svn update' + 'ant
prepare-release' + sftp to create a second release candidate is no big
deal.

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 2:55 AM, Dawid Weiss
<dawid.weiss@cs.put.poznan.pl> wrote:
> Is there a code freeze on 3x or can I apply SOLR-2620 to it?
>
> Dawid
>
> On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 8:51 AM, Dawid Weiss
> <dawid.weiss@cs.put.poznan.pl> wrote:
>> I checked the clustering contrib, went through the Solr example (on
>> ubuntu). One thing I noticed:
>>
>> - we have duplicated log4j*.jar in the distribution; the one in
>> clustering contrib is not needed, in fact, because we use slf4j for
>> logging anyway (and this one is picked from the war's WEB-INF/lib.
>> I'll file an issue to remove it.
>>
>> Dawid
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 8:15 AM, Steven A Rowe <sarowe@syr.edu> wrote:
>>> +1
>>>
>>> I did the following:
>>>
>>> - compared the Solr & Lucene binary .zip and .tgz archives' contents for
any differences (other than line endings)
>>> - skimmed Changes.html for generation problems
>>> - looked at random pages from each module's javadocs
>>> - ran the Lucene demo, indexed and searched
>>> - ran the Solr example server, indexed and searched
>>> - eyeballed all modules' Maven artifacts & sanity checked their POMs
>>> - ran all tests from the Solr & Lucene source tarballs, separately
>>>
>>> Two non-release-blocking nits:
>>>
>>> 1. In the Solr source tarball, solr/example/README.txt recommends using the command
"./post.sh *.xml" from solr/example/exampledocs/, but post.sh does not have executable permissions.
 In the binary tarball, however, post.sh has executable permissions.

>>> 2. I checked the source for references to older versions, and I found the following;
I think these just point to a missing item in the release todo (post-branching), and should
not block the release:

@Deprecated // TODO remove in 3.2 (this is present twice in this file)

@deprecated remove all this test mode code in lucene 3.2! */

>>> ./lucene/contrib/analyzers/common/src/java/org/apache/lucene/analysis/br/BrazilianAnalyzer.java:
 // TODO make this private in 3.1 (this is present twice in this file)

all text files under a directory. See http://lucene.apache.org/java/3_1/demo.html. */

http://lucene.apache.org/java/3_1/demo.html for details.";