lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release 3.3
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2011 06:55:10 GMT
Is there a code freeze on 3x or can I apply SOLR-2620 to it?

Dawid

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 8:51 AM, Dawid Weiss
<dawid.weiss@cs.put.poznan.pl> wrote:
> I checked the clustering contrib, went through the Solr example (on
> ubuntu). One thing I noticed:
>
> - we have duplicated log4j*.jar in the distribution; the one in
> clustering contrib is not needed, in fact, because we use slf4j for
> logging anyway (and this one is picked from the war's WEB-INF/lib.
> I'll file an issue to remove it.
>
> Dawid
>
> On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 8:15 AM, Steven A Rowe <sarowe@syr.edu> wrote:
>> +1
>>
>> I did the following:
>>
>> - compared the Solr & Lucene binary .zip and .tgz archives' contents for any
differences (other than line endings)
>> - skimmed Changes.html for generation problems
>> - looked at random pages from each module's javadocs
>> - ran the Lucene demo, indexed and searched
>> - ran the Solr example server, indexed and searched
>> - eyeballed all modules' Maven artifacts & sanity checked their POMs
>> - ran all tests from the Solr & Lucene source tarballs, separately
>>
>> Two non-release-blocking nits:
>>
>> 1. In the Solr source tarball, solr/example/README.txt recommends using the command
"./post.sh *.xml" from solr/example/exampledocs/, but post.sh does not have executable permissions.
 In the binary tarball, however, post.sh has executable permissions.

>> 2. I checked the source for references to older versions, and I found the following;
I think these just point to a missing item in the release todo (post-branching), and should
not block the release:

@Deprecated // TODO remove in 3.2 (this is present twice in this file)

>> ./lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/index/ConcurrentMergeScheduler.java:  /** @deprecated
remove all this test mode code in lucene 3.2! */

>> ./lucene/contrib/analyzers/common/src/java/org/apache/lucene/analysis/br/BrazilianAnalyzer.java:
 // TODO make this private in 3.1 (this is present twice in this file)

text files under a directory. See http://lucene.apache.org/java/3_1/demo.html. */