lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Solr and Python
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 21:43:33 GMT
On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 1:39 PM, Andi Vajda <vajda@osafoundation.org> wrote:

> On Jun 4, 2011, at 5:46, Michael McCandless <lucene@mikemccandless.com> wrote:
>
>> This looks very cool!
>>
>> A bidirectional JCC (embed Java VM in Python VM or vice versa) would be wild :)
>
> Why the conditional ?
> This has been built into JCC for over two years now and used in production for freebase.com
search just as long.

Woops, I didn't realize JCC was fine with this, and that montysolr is
in fact using JCC -- nice!

> What's neat, is that Roman is making use of that technique for Solr now and is "showing
the way" on how to merge Lucene and Solr for Python users as well, something I didn't think
made sense until a few days ago. It's obvious, when you think of it. It just didn't occur
to me.

+1 to somehow merge these two efforts, so we can have a PySolr too.

Mike