lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: External strings sort and case folding.
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 12:18:31 GMT
> So actually it would work if you just enum'd the terms yourself, after
> indexing and optimizing.  And this does amount to an external sort, I
> think!

Yep. I was just curious if there's a way to do it without the overhead
of creating fields, documents, etc. If I have a spare minute I'll try
to write a merge sort from disk splits. It'd be neat to write FST
merging too (so that, given to FSTs you could merge them into one by
creating a new FST and adding sequences in order from one or the other
source).

Dawid