lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release 3.3
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2011 06:51:33 GMT
I checked the clustering contrib, went through the Solr example (on
ubuntu). One thing I noticed:

- we have duplicated log4j*.jar in the distribution; the one in
clustering contrib is not needed, in fact, because we use slf4j for
logging anyway (and this one is picked from the war's WEB-INF/lib.
I'll file an issue to remove it.

Dawid

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 8:15 AM, Steven A Rowe <sarowe@syr.edu> wrote:
> +1
>
> I did the following:
>
> - compared the Solr & Lucene binary .zip and .tgz archives' contents for any differences
(other than line endings)
> - skimmed Changes.html for generation problems
> - looked at random pages from each module's javadocs
> - ran the Lucene demo, indexed and searched
> - ran the Solr example server, indexed and searched
> - eyeballed all modules' Maven artifacts & sanity checked their POMs
> - ran all tests from the Solr & Lucene source tarballs, separately
>
> Two non-release-blocking nits:
>
> 1. In the Solr source tarball, solr/example/README.txt recommends using the command "./post.sh
*.xml" from solr/example/exampledocs/, but post.sh does not have executable permissions.  In
the binary tarball, however, post.sh has executable permissions.

> 2. I checked the source for references to older versions, and I found the following;
I think these just point to a missing item in the release todo (post-branching), and should
not block the release:

@Deprecated // TODO remove in 3.2 (this is present twice in this file)

> ./lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/index/ConcurrentMergeScheduler.java:  /** @deprecated
remove all this test mode code in lucene 3.2! */

> ./lucene/contrib/analyzers/common/src/java/org/apache/lucene/analysis/br/BrazilianAnalyzer.java:
 // TODO make this private in 3.1 (this is present twice in this file)

files under a directory. See http://lucene.apache.org/java/3_1/demo.html. */