lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release 3.3
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2011 15:07:14 GMT
Just some more info: i took away the seed and used -Dtests.iter=100 on
this test:

JAVA5:
    [junit] Testsuite: org.apache.lucene.util.TestOpenBitSet
    [junit] Tests run: 400, Failures: 0, Errors: 23, Time elapsed: 21.793 sec

JAVA6:
junit-sequential:
    [junit] Testsuite: org.apache.lucene.util.TestOpenBitSet
    [junit] Tests run: 400, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 19.719 sec

so this test fails 23% of the time on java5.

The reason we never caught it, is that java5 is unmaintained and we
cannot even test it in hudson... aka we cannot support this monster
anymore!!!!