lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JENKINS] Solr-3.x - Build # 394 - Failure
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2011 18:05:38 GMT
On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 2:00 PM, Chris Hostetter
<hossman_lucene@fucit.org> wrote:

> : Failure to fetch junit's package list yet again... but Hoss is working
> : on this I think!
>
> I posted a straw-man patch, but i haven't relaly had time to seriously
> test it on modules/contrib ... and i thik rmuir had some reservations
> about putting the stuff in dev-tools ... but if someone is itching go
> ahead and commit. (i'm a little swamped right now)

right, if the javadocs target in lucene/build.xml has a hard
dependency on dev-tools,
then the lucene source release won't work.

but we could do some other things to fix this:
* make this a soft dependency (e.g. the javadocs task will use
dev-tools/plists when they are available, otherwise it downloads)
* move dev-tools under lucene/ so we don't worry about this stuff
* put the package-lists somewhere other than dev-tools (even if its
just on hudson)