lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: Distributed search capability
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 17:48:19 GMT
On 6/10/11 6:27 PM, Michael McCandless wrote:
> I'm actually working on something like this, basically a utility
> method to merge N TopDocs into 1.  I want to do this for grouping as
> well to make it easy to do grouping across shards.

Mike,

The straightforward merge that is used in Solr suffers from incomparable
scores (due to the lack of global IDF). See my slides from the
Buzzwords. Since we can handle global IDF in local searchers more easily
that in Solr then we can reuse that DfCache trick from MultiSearcher.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><