lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject RE: [VOTE] release 3.3
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2011 06:15:18 GMT
+1

I did the following:

- compared the Solr & Lucene binary .zip and .tgz archives' contents for any differences
(other than line endings)
- skimmed Changes.html for generation problems
- looked at random pages from each module's javadocs
- ran the Lucene demo, indexed and searched
- ran the Solr example server, indexed and searched
- eyeballed all modules' Maven artifacts & sanity checked their POMs
- ran all tests from the Solr & Lucene source tarballs, separately

Two non-release-blocking nits:

1. In the Solr source tarball, solr/example/README.txt recommends using the command "./post.sh
*.xml" from solr/example/exampledocs/, but post.sh does not have executable permissions.
In the binary tarball, however, post.sh has executable permissions.

2. I checked the source for references to older versions, and I found the following; I think
these just point to a missing item in the release todo (post-branching), and should not block
the release:

./lucene/contrib/analyzers/common/src/java/org/apache/lucene/analysis/fr/FrenchStemFilter.java:
@Deprecated // TODO remove in 3.2 (this is present twice in this file)

./lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/index/ConcurrentMergeScheduler.java:  /** @deprecated
remove all this test mode code in lucene 3.2! */

./lucene/contrib/analyzers/common/src/java/org/apache/lucene/analysis/br/BrazilianAnalyzer.java:
 // TODO make this private in 3.1 (this is present twice in this file)

./lucene/contrib/demo/src/java/org/apache/lucene/demo/IndexFiles.java:/** Index all text files
under a directory. See http://lucene.apache.org/java/3_1/demo.html. */

./lucene/contrib/demo/src/java/org/apache/lucene/demo/IndexFiles.java: + "See http://lucene.apache.org/java/3_1/demo.html
for details.";

Steve