lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mohsen Vakilian <mvaki...@illinois.edu>
Subject Interested in helping a research study on Eclipse?
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 00:20:54 GMT
Hi

I'm Mohsen, a PhD student working with Prof. Ralph Johnson at the University of Illinois at
Urbana-Champaign (UIUC). Ralph is a co-author of the seminal book on
design patterns (GoF) and his research group has a history of important contributions to IDE's.

Our team [1] is studying how developers interact with the Eclipse IDE for evolving and maintaining
their code. We are extending this invitation to expert Java
developers like the contributors of Lucene, and would greatly appreciate and value your participation
and help in our research study.

To participate you should be at least 18 years old and use the Eclipse IDE for Java development.
As a participant, we ask that you complete a short survey and
install our Eclipse plug-in called CodingSpectator [2].

CodingSpectator monitors programming interactions non-intrusively in the background and periodically
uploads it to a secure server at UIUC. To get a representative
perspective of how you interact with Eclipse, we would appreciate if you could install CodingSpectator
for two months. Rest assured that we are taking the utmost
measures to protect your privacy and confidentiality.

If you are interested, you may sign up at <http://codingspectator.cs.illinois.edu/ConsentForm>,
which contains our consent form with all the details and procedures
of our research study.

Your participation will help us greatly as we try to better understand how developers interact
with their IDE's so we can propose improvements which fit better with
their mindsets.

Thanks in advance for your time! Please do not hesitate to contact me (mvakili2@illinois.edu)
if you have any questions or comments. More information can also be
found at our FAQ [3]. Feel free to forward this invitation to anyone who might be interested
in participating in this study.

--
Mohsen Vakilian
& the CodingSpectator team