lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Pruning down roadmap for 3.2
Date Fri, 20 May 2011 18:59:00 GMT

If we're serious about wanting to do a 3.2 release sometime in June, the
first step is to get proactive abour pruning down the roadmap of issues
that aren't going to make the cut.

Here's a list of every Unresolved fix=3.2 issue that has no assignee and
no attachments (that hasn't been updatd in the last two days just in case
something is super new and actively being worked on)...

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=%28project+%3D+SOLR+OR+project+%3D+LUCENE%29+AND+NOT+updated+%3E%3D+2011-05-18+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+AND+assignee+is+EMPTY+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%223.2%22+AND+%22Attachment+count%22+%3D+%220%22+ORDER+BY+issuetype+ASC%2C+updated+ASC%2C+key+DESC

...current count is 103.

I suggest that we un-mark these for 3.2 this weekend.  If you really feel
strongly that something on this list needs to make it into 3.2, assign it
to yourself.

The next step (in a week or so?) should probably be to audit the list of
everything that doesn't have an assignee (even if it does have a patch)
and un-mark those for 3.2.  if no one is willing to step up and say that
they will massage/commit the patch, then either the patch isn't ready, or
we aren't ready to support it in a release.

Objections?

(Note: In two days I'm leaving for hong kong and will be offline for 2.5
weeks, so i won't taking the initiative to make these bulk edits my self,
i'm just trying to help get the ball rolling)

-Hoss