lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: SpanNearQuery - inOrder parameter
Date Thu, 19 May 2011 22:28:12 GMT
:
: I attach a junit test which shows strange behaviour of the inOrder
: parameter on the SpanNearQuery constructor, using Lucene 2.9.4.

De-Ja-Vu? ... didn't we just talk about this on java-user recently?

Here was my comment...

http://markmail.org/search/?q=SpanNearQuery+inOrder#query:SpanNearQuery%20inOrder+page:1+mid:zhhlhojw55bf43r6+state:results

...i guess this is actually the same thread now on the dev list?

As i said before: i don't really see how this is bug.  when you specify
inOrder=true, you are requiring that the positions of the subspans must
be "in order" so position_span_1 < position_span_2.  when inOrder=false
there is nothing stoping position_span_1 == position_span_2 ... the fact
that span_1 == span_2 doesn't matter.

-Hoss