lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: 3.2.0 (or 3.1.1)
Date Mon, 16 May 2011 23:41:20 GMT

: My vote would be to just spend our time on 3.2. people get bugfixes,
: better test coverage, and a couple of new features and optimizations,
: too.
: Is it really going to be harder to release 3.2 than to release 3.1.1?

I don't disagree, but the devils advocate argument is "given the relative
size of the change sets, testing a 3.1.1 release is likely to be easier
then testing a 3.2 release, and the patches commited to the 3.1.x branch
are less likely to have introduced new bugs (becuase they only contain bug
fixes and not new features"

-Hoss