lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: jira issues falling off the radar -- "Next" JIRA version
Date Thu, 05 May 2011 19:24:46 GMT

: > We should definitely kill of "Next" ... i would suggest just removing it,
: > and not bulk applying a new version (there is no requirement that issues
: > have a version)
: Based on that, I think it would be irresponsible to just delete "Next"
: because any issues assigned to this version on the basis of that
: description (like SOLR-2191) is going to be dropped on the floor.

Of course you're right ... i was thinking about it from a "what's the
minimum that must be done in order to eliminate a version, but that
doesn't mean it would leave those issues in a good state.

Doing a little more reading about Jira version management, I realized that
Jira allows Versions to be "merged"

I suggest we marge "Next" into "3.2" ...

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Versions#ManagingVersions-Mergingmultipleversions

	...objections?

-Hoss