lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: jira issues falling off the radar -- "Next" JIRA version
Date Mon, 02 May 2011 23:58:34 GMT

: and substitute either 3.2 or 4.0.  Speaking of which, I think simply
: assigning a fix-version for "3.2" implies that it will be for any future
: release (including 4.0) and so I don't see there's a point in assigning both
: of these fix-versions.  There are rare exceptions to this and I am aware of
: course that our dual-development branches implies having to make two
: commits.

No ... that's not really true at all:  A bug might only exist on the 3x
branch, in which case saying the fix was commited for the 3.2 release
doesn't say anything about 4x releases at all; A bug might exist in 3.1
and 4.0 but require completley different patches to fix it;  Once 4.0
comes out, it will be entirely possible for a feature to be commited to 4x
and backported to 3x such that it's in release 4.6 and 3.10 but does not
exist in 4.0-4.5; etc....

I think it's definitley important to track exactly what version on *every*
branch an issue is commited in.

-Hoss