lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Smiley, David W." <dsmi...@mitre.org>
Subject Re: Improvements to the maven build
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 13:48:22 GMT

On May 4, 2011, at 7:14 PM, Ryan McKinley wrote:

> As a rule, everything should go through JIRA on its way to svn -- this
> is important so that we have somewhere to point for why we did things.
> Even small things.

Even "small" things?! It would be a royal pain in the ass to submit an issue for every last
stupid typo, reformat, and minor thing.  I would also hope that if a committer authored a
chunk of code that he believed, after the first iteration has already been committed, could
use some "minor" tweak that lets say improves the clarity of the logic or has a better private
method name, that he could just go ahead and commit the minor tweak.  I hope that you guys
are not burdened by JIRA for such things!

~ David