lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 3.2.0 (or 3.1.1)
Date Mon, 16 May 2011 23:54:44 GMT
On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 7:41 PM, Chris Hostetter
<hossman_lucene@fucit.org> wrote:

> I don't disagree, but the devils advocate argument is "given the relative
> size of the change sets, testing a 3.1.1 release is likely to be easier
> then testing a 3.2 release, and the patches commited to the 3.1.x branch
> are less likely to have introduced new bugs (becuase they only contain bug
> fixes and not new features"

thats true, but 3.2 also has better test coverage than 3.1.1 (a couple
TestIdeas were worked off the list), and its in hudson's rotation
every half hour.

additionally there's at least one or two test coverage things we can
backport from trunk to 3.2 just because... which seems more productive
than backporting things from branch_3x to a bugfix 3.1.1 branch that
isn't even being tested by hudson.