lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Jenkins emails
Date Sun, 15 May 2011 15:16:09 GMT
Well, Gmail ignores (for grouping) everything that in between brackets [].
That's how we made all issue emails appear under the same thread, the status
(Commented, Created, Resolved etc.) now appears in brackets.

So, I think that if we put the build # in brackets, the rest of the message
is the same for all failures. So instead of:

"[JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-tests-only-trunk - Build # 8042 - Still Failing"

we write

"[JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-tests-only-trunk - [Build # 8042] - Still Failing"

Or

"[JENKINS] [Build # 8042] Lucene-Solr-tests-only-trunk Failed"

Remove the word "still" altogether (it's redundant) and move the build
number to the start of the subject.

Shai