lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 3.2.0
Date Fri, 27 May 2011 17:23:24 GMT

> True. Only thought that we might want to give people time to ensure that
> things that are important to them are included in 3.2.

Why? if these issues are so critical they should be marked as blockers!

Again, why wait a week, we could release again in a week instead!

This whole lifecycle is broken:
1. hey everyone, lets release in X days.
2. people rush in all their favorite pet features, maybe in sloppy
fashion since they really want to get them in, which destabilizes the
code.
3. we generate RC after RC because in each one someone finds a new
bug... there are always bugs and if 3.2 doesnt introduce the bug, i
dont think it should block it... 3.2 fixes some bugs and we can fix
more bugs in 3.3