lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Lucene/Solr release 3.2 (take 2)
Date Tue, 31 May 2011 12:34:13 GMT

> Another alternative that wouldn't involve us integrating forrest into
> the build would be to nuke docs/ and rename it to
> src/site/generated_content or something. Then when you run ant it
> copies this to build/docs.

+1. If site is built under src/site/build, we can have "ant docs" or
something that generates jdocs and puts them under build/docs + it copies
src/site/build under build/docs.

BTW, I tried "ant prepare-release" from "src" and it doesn't work b/c of
"get-svn-info" which makes sense because this is not a svn checkout. But
maybe we can have it not fail on errors? I.e., if I run "ant jar" then the
.jars are created with this prop in manifest:

Implementation Version: 3.2.0 exported

somehow it knows it's not a svn checkout, and instead of the revision (which
appears in the binary pack), it puts 'exported'. Can't we do the same here?

Shai