lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Incremental Field Updates
Date Mon, 23 May 2011 19:03:53 GMT
One thing that makes IFU especially compelling now is that we have
improved how we track buffered deletes, which records by Term or Query
mapped against certain segments which documents should be deleted.

I think this same "channel" can be generalized to also hold pending
updates to documents from prior segments.  We should be able to reuse
much of the buffered deletes code to also hold buffered doc updates.

IFU would be an *awesome* addition ;)

I think doc blocks (LUCENE-3112) makes IFU even more important.

Mike

http://blog.mikemccandless.com