lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: modularization discussion
Date Tue, 03 May 2011 17:31:51 GMT
On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 1:11 PM, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote:

> On May 3, 2011, at 12:49 PM, Michael McCandless wrote:
>
>> Isn't this the future we are working towards?
>
> No, not really. Others perhaps, but not me. I'm on board with some modules. I do think
there are tradeoffs when considering them and considering Lucene and Solr. I'm happy to take
everything one issue at a time.

I hope the outcome of this discussion is a shared sense of the
relationship between lucene, solr, and modules -- we need some general
guidelines so that every time this comes up we don't have to have the
same discussion over and over.

Mike I agree with the general vision -- the details on how it would
actually work suggest that we may have to fast forward more then a
"year or two" for most of these things -- but who knows.

ryan