lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: do the Jenkins while(true) builds now catch javadoc warnings...?
Date Sun, 29 May 2011 14:45:59 GMT
I think for Solr it's actually "ant javadocs" (confusingly!).  This
seems to subsume javadoc-all?

Also, I don't think I'm getting javadoc warnings for Solr?  (I do get
lots of compilation warnings).  If you introduce a javadoc warning it
fails the build...

I agree it'd be great if we could gen the non-Solr javadocs with both
1.5 and 1.6.  In theory this should be easy?  "export JAVA_HOME=....;
ant javadocs"?

I'll try to make a patch for the nightly shell scripts...

Mike

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 10:20 AM, Steven A Rowe <sarowe@syr.edu> wrote:
> I checked what it would take to test all of the javadocs on trunk, and found that there
is no one target to call.  To cover all javadocs:

>        cd lucene ; ant javadocs-all javadocs-test-framework
>        cd ../modules ; ant javadocs
>        cd ../solr ; ant javadoc-all javadoc-test-framework
>
> Ideally, the javadocs would be generated once under 1.5 and again under 1.6, for all
of branch_3x, and for lucene/ & modules/ on trunk.

> I got a bunch of javadoc warnings in Solr, so (assuming I don't have setup issues) some
work needs to be done to fix the warnings before bombarding everybody with failure messages
every 30 minutes.