lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Robert Muir <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 3.2.0
Date Mon, 30 May 2011 19:52:42 GMT
On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 5:15 AM, Shai Erera <> wrote:
> +1. I did not find any issues besides those Mark and Robert reported.
> If you respin, will it be done from the latest 3x revision? If so, it means
> a couple more issues will be released as well, in which case we need to
> ensure their Fix Version is still 3.2. Also, there are issues that are
> marked 3.2 while they were closed after the RC (like LUCENE-3147) - should
> we change their version to 3.3? Can we easily tell those issues?

As much as I love LUCENE-3147, I'm not sure if we should try to shove
code changes that aren't blockers into 3.2... it seems at a technical
level there aren't huge problems, but we (Mark, you, Doron, etc) have
found a number of packaging/documentation/configuration files issues
that we might want to address.

Here is my proposal: let's open a JIRA issue for each thing that was
found, and we decide which are blockers and we backport those to the
branch. The rest we should try to fix in 3.3

In all cases it would be good to see if we can "fix" the problem in
some way so that it doesn't pop up in a future release... for example
the solrconfig.xml version was not bumped, we could at a minimum add
it to the wiki page so it isn't forgotten again rather than just
fixing it.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message