lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 3.2.0
Date Tue, 31 May 2011 01:27:32 GMT
On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 9:20 PM, Steven A Rowe <sarowe@syr.edu> wrote:
> Yeah, I think it's enough to block a release: broken windows syndrome.
>
> It sucks that it was wrong in the 3.1 release - if I'd noticed it then, I would have
-1'd it then.

its not really broken windows syndrome, there are a lot of bugs (known
and unknown) with lucene. really releases need to be incremental
improvements, only really serious shit (like index corruption or
broken licensing or something) should be blockers IMO.

lots of the things mentioned here have been broken for a long time (i
have a lucene-2.4.0 checkout I am looking at just for fun).