lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-trunk - Build # 1559 - Still Failing
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 13:08:01 GMT
I dug some into this heap dump...

Somehow we have a DWPT using WAY too much RAM (301 MB).  A 2nd DWPT
has 105 MB tied up.  I'm getting these numbers from the bytesUsed
AtomicLong in the DWPT class from the dump.

This is baffling because, although this test indexes a large amount of
content for a reasonably long time (5 minutes w/ -nightly), IW's RAM
buffer is set to 16 MB, so these two DWPTs should have flushed long
ago.

However, I can't tell from the dump (it doesn't have enough info)
whether these DWPTs are created by TestNRTThreads, or one of the many
other tests that run inside the same JVM.  Ie, it's possible (but I
think unlikely) some other test made these massive DWPTs and then
somehow failed to clean them up (ie, left references to them).

So my best theory at this point is something is wrong w/ the
FlushPolicy -- it's not flushing after crossing the 16 MB threshold.

Mike

http://blog.mikemccandless.com