lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 3.2.0
Date Fri, 27 May 2011 17:18:00 GMT

> I am confused why we need to have a protocol where people have time to
> plan?

Why not :)? Are protocols bad? From my experience, protocols only help
clarify things. And it's not a 100 pages protocol -- the one that you've
followed (even though not written one) makes sense to me. But then, we
didn't make it to the target date eventually ...

> So why would you be against releasing it, if its better?

I'm not against releasing, just was taken by surprise and intended to have a
few more issues in 3.2. I didn't vote -1, just asked if Mike will be willing
to allow for 1 more week.

Isn't it true that what we have now in 3.2 is better than 3.1?

True

Any issues can be fixed in 3.3, we could do this a week later if we wanted.

True. Only thought that we might want to give people time to ensure that
things that are important to them are included in 3.2.

But I don't want to hold off that release. Surely Mike has taken a great
step towards "releasing more often", so I'm willing to give that process a
try :).

Shai