lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 3.2.0 (or 3.1.1)
Date Fri, 13 May 2011 22:48:09 GMT
On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 6:40 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
> It's been just over 1 month since the last release.  We've all said we want to get to
about a 3 month release cycle (if not more often).  I think this means we should start shooting
for a next release sometime in June.  Which, in my mind, means we should start working on
wrapping up issues now, IMO.

> Here's what's open for 3.2 against:
> Lucene: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE/fixforversion/12316070
> Solr: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR/fixforversion/12316172
>
> Thoughts?
>
> -Grant

My vote would be to just spend our time on 3.2. people get bugfixes,
better test coverage, and a couple of new features and optimizations,
too.
Is it really going to be harder to release 3.2 than to release 3.1.1?

we could just announce in advance we'd like to feature freeze 3.2 on
<X date in the future> ?