lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Improvements to the maven build
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 14:08:58 GMT
On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 9:48 AM, Smiley, David W. <dsmiley@mitre.org> wrote:

> On May 4, 2011, at 7:14 PM, Ryan McKinley wrote:
>
>> As a rule, everything should go through JIRA on its way to svn -- this
>> is important so that we have somewhere to point for why we did things.
>> Even small things.
>
> Even "small" things?! It would be a royal pain in the ass to submit an issue for every
last stupid typo, reformat, and minor thing.  I would also hope that if a committer authored
a chunk of code that he believed, after the first iteration has already been committed, could
use some "minor" tweak that lets say improves the clarity of the logic or has a better private
method name, that he could just go ahead and commit the minor tweak.  I hope that you guys
are not burdened by JIRA for such things!

Again, I did not mean to make a huge deal out of this -- my reaction
to seeing a patch posted as an attachment is "this belongs in JIRA" --
I don't care how trivial it is.  If the patch were in the message
text, i would feel differently.

ryan