lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Should o.a.l.util.Constants declare all versions?
Date Mon, 23 May 2011 18:08:31 GMT
Version might be a good idea. Version also has onOrAfter (compare) method,
which if we'll use for SI.getVersion, will make
StringHelper.versionComparator moot?

Today we write a String (x.y) as the segment's version. We can add methods
to Version to (de)serialize itself from/to that String.

Are you proposing we change SI.getVersion to return Version instead of
String? Are we allowed to do that (on 3x)? We can deprecate it and add
getCodeVersion (or some other name).

Then, Constants.LUCENE_MAIN_VERSION can point to the latest Version, instead
of a fixed string.

Shai