lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving towards Lucene 4.0
Date Mon, 16 May 2011 12:57:43 GMT
On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 8:48 AM, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> Sorry to be negative,
>
>> - BulkPostings (my +1 since I want to enable positional scoring on all queries)
>
> My problem is the really crappy and unusable API of BulkPostings (wait for my talk at
Lucene Rev...). For anybody else than Mike, Yonik and yourself that’s unusable. I tried
to understand even the simple MultiTermQueryWrapperFilter - easy on trunk, horrible on branch
- sorry that’s a no-go.

> Its code duplication everywhere and unreadable.

I don't think you should apologize for being negative, its true there
is a ton of work to do here before that branch is "ready". Thats why
in my email I tried to brainstorm some alternative ways we could get
some of these features into the hands of users without being held up
by this work.