lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <>
Subject Re: Moving towards Lucene 4.0
Date Mon, 16 May 2011 13:20:11 GMT
On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 9:12 AM, Simon Willnauer
<> wrote:
> I have to admit that branch is very rough and the API is super hard to
> use. For now!
> Lets not be dragged away into discussion how this API should look like
> there will be time
> for that.

+1, this is what i really meant by "decide how to handle". I don't
think we will be able to quickly "decide how to fix" the branch
itself, i think its really complicated. But we can admit its really
complicated and won't be solved very soon, and try to figure out a
release strategy with this in mind.

(p.s. sorry simon, you got two copies of this message i accidentally
hit reply instead of reply-all)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message