lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incremental Field Updates
Date Mon, 23 May 2011 18:24:47 GMT
Heh, almost a year has passed since I sent that email. Soon, "next week"
will be applicable again :).

Besides my day-to-day job, the changes to trunk kept me away from pursuing
this. DWPT, BufferedDeletes and all the crazy improvements and enhancements
Mike and Simon (and others) have been working on lately changed much of the
code that will be involved in the development.

Things seem to be more stable (and "at peace") at trunk-land now (heck,
we've even started discussing releasing 4.0 !), so it's time to get back on
that issue.

I need to reorganize my thoughts and design details into a document or
something, or plainly in a JIRA issue. I'm afraid of setting any dates on
this just yet though.

While I very much like to implement it, I realize the community cannot wait
for me forever. So if there's anyone interested in picking up the gloves, I
will understand :) (and of course help as much as I can ...)

Shai