lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reorganizing JIRA components
Date Mon, 16 May 2011 02:42:15 GMT
Thanks Mark.

Is it technically ok to rename existing components? Will the JIRA issues
assigned to that component "survive" the rename?

Sure - other will likely be not picking a component - common enough.

I was aiming at avoiding that scenario. I think every issue should be
assigned to a specific component, and if there isn't one available, we
should create it. Nevertheless, an 'Other' component will make contributions
easier (i.e., the person who opens the issue doesn't need to ask for a new
component beforehand), and we can always review all the 'Other' issues and
assign them to the right component before a release.

Shai