lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Smiley, David W." <dsmi...@mitre.org>
Subject Re: jira issues falling off the radar -- "Next" JIRA version
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 19:52:50 GMT

On May 2, 2011, at 7:54 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:

> We should definitely kill of "Next" ... i would suggest just removing it,
> and not bulk applying a new version (there is no requirement that issues
> have a version)

Chris, in JIRA, "Next" has this description:

> Placeholder for commiters to track issues that are not ready to commit, but seem close
enough to being ready to warrant focus before the next feature release

Based on that, I think it would be irresponsible to just delete "Next" because any issues
assigned to this version on the basis of that description (like SOLR-2191) is going to be
dropped on the floor.

~ David Smiley