lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 3.2.0
Date Sat, 28 May 2011 13:40:08 GMT
This is why we have a stable branch and a 4X branch. There are *many* projects that have mastered
releasing frequently - we could easily be one of them.

Sent from my iPad

On May 28, 2011, at 9:14 AM, johnmunir@aol.com wrote:

> Too many releases maybe a bad idea, not only will there be too many questions to users
such as what version are you using, have you tried version X, the latest, etc. but you may
lose your trust with some of the more serious organizations who see stability ahead of frequent
releases.