lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Smiley, David W." <dsmi...@mitre.org>
Subject Re: Improvements to the maven build
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 13:45:35 GMT
On May 4, 2011, at 6:43 PM, Steven A Rowe wrote:

>> 6. The ant solr build puts all its final artifacts into the solr/dist
>> directory, the maven build does not--it leaves all of them in their build
>> directory. Not a big deal but maybe there's a way to have the output file
>> go someplace else?  Not sure.
>
> I meant to keep the Maven build output location the same as the Ant build output location.
 I think the Solr modules' POMs can and should be changed to eliminate this difference.

I'm a little unclear on what you mean by "I think the Solr modules' POMs can and should be
changed to eliminate this difference".  Do you mean we should ensure there is no difference
in build output locations between the maven and ant builds?  If so then how do we deal with
the fact that the ant builds wants to put the solrj jar into a compilation output directory?
 You committed my patch that puts the compilation output directory one more level in under
"classes" -- this creates a difference between the builds.

~ David