lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Sokolov <soko...@ifactory.com>
Subject Re: Building from Eclipse
Date Wed, 18 May 2011 21:34:07 GMT
It's also possible to get this working by checking out w/svn external to
eclipse, and then New Java Project and pointing that at the folder.  The
trick is to get Eclipse to understand that the new project "has Java
nature".  I agree this is confusing, though.  It could be a nice help to
produce a .project file.

-Mike

On 05/18/2011 05:02 PM, Daniel Serodio (lists) wrote:
> Thanks, I was able to build it by checking out from SVN using
> Subclipse to create a new Java project.
>
> But couldn't the "eclipse" Ant target create the .project file to make
> this process easier? From what I understand, this Ant target just
> copies a template file from dev-tools/eclipse/ to the project's root,
> so implementing this would only be a matter of adding a file to
> dev-tools/eclipse/ and another <copy> task to this target.
>
> Should I file an issue in JIRA about this?
>
> Regards,
> Daniel Serodio
>
> Varun Thacker wrote:
>> I used this page to get started.
>> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute#Development_Environment_Tips
>>
>> Hope this helps
>>
>> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 4:54 AM, Minh Doan <daywednes@gmail.com
>> <mailto:daywednes@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hi Daniel,
>>
>>     You can try svn in eclipse. And then run ant eclipse, and right
>>     click the project, choose refresh
>>
>>     On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 4:02 PM, Daniel Serodio
>>     <dserodio@mandic.com.br <mailto:dserodio@mandic.com.br>> wrote:
>>
>>         It created a .classpath, but not a .project file.
>>
>>         Regards,
>>         Daniel Serodio
>>

>>         Tom Hill wrote:
>>>         try just doing
>>>
>>>         ant eclipse
>>>
>>>         To generate the project for eclipse.
>>>
>>>         Tom
>>>

>>>         On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 3:40 PM, Daniel Serodio (lists)
>>>         <daniel.listas@xxx.com.br>  <mailto:daniel.listas@xxx.com.br>

On