lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel Serodio (lists)" <daniel.lis...@xxx.com.br>
Subject Re: Building from Eclipse
Date Wed, 18 May 2011 21:02:41 GMT
Thanks, I was able to build it by checking out from SVN using Subclipse
to create a new Java project.

But couldn't the "eclipse" Ant target create the .project file to make
this process easier? From what I understand, this Ant target just copies
a template file from dev-tools/eclipse/ to the project's root, so
implementing this would only be a matter of adding a file to
dev-tools/eclipse/ and another <copy> task to this target.

Should I file an issue in JIRA about this?

Regards,
Daniel Serodio

Varun Thacker wrote:
> I used this page to get started.
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute#Development_Environment_Tips
>
> Hope this helps
>
> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 4:54 AM, Minh Doan <daywednes@gmail.com
> <mailto:daywednes@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Daniel,
>
>     You can try svn in eclipse. And then run ant eclipse, and right
>     click the project, choose refresh
>
>     On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 4:02 PM, Daniel Serodio
>     <dserodio@mandic.com.br <mailto:dserodio@mandic.com.br>> wrote:
>
>         It created a .classpath, but not a .project file.
>
>         Regards,
>         Daniel Serodio
>

>         Tom Hill wrote:
>>         try just doing
>>
>>         ant eclipse
>>
>>         To generate the project for eclipse.
>>
>>         Tom
>>

>>         On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 3:40 PM, Daniel Serodio (lists)
>>         <daniel.listas@xxx.com.br>  <mailto:daniel.listas@xxx.com.br>
 wrote:
>>>         I'm a newbie Solr user, and I'm trying to build Solr 3.1.0 from Eclipse.
On