lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: modularization discussion
Date Thu, 05 May 2011 14:41:10 GMT

On May 5, 2011, at 10:25 AM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:

> 3.  Those who think most should be modularized, but realize it's a ton of work for an
unproven gain (although most admit it is a highly likely gain) and should be handled on a
case-by-case basis as people do the work.   I don't have anything against modularization,
I just know, given my schedule, I won't be able to block off weeks of time to do it.  I'm
happy to review where/when I can.

+1. From what I have gathered, Grant and I come down pretty much on the same page on most
of this stuff. Yeah, that mean's I'm reevaluating my position :) but seems to be the case.

Except I'm more open to IRC discussion :)

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com

Lucene/Solr User Conference
May 25-26, San Francisco