lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1103709 - in /lucene/java/site: docs/whoweare.html docs/whoweare.pdf src/documentation/content/xdocs/whoweare.xml
Date Mon, 16 May 2011 13:41:29 GMT

On May 16, 2011, at 8:55 AM, Stanislaw Osinski wrote:

> stanislav you are a full committer afaik?!
>
> I've been working mostly on the clustering plugin for now, so I'm not sure if it's right
to move me to the core section right away :-)

> Incidentally, I tried to svn up on /www/lucene.apache.org/java/docs at people.apache.org
to push the modifications live, but there is an SVN lock on that directory. Am I missing anything?
I'm assuming that's the right directory for the commiters list?

> S.

Stanislav - we certainly nominated you in the spirit of maintaining the carrot2 contrib, but
you are still a full committer. We have decided to stop adding new Contrib committers. A full
committer may be someone that only works on part of the project. IMO, a full committer might
be someone that only has commit bits so that he can update the website! We trust full committers
to only mess with what they are comfortable with. So we trust that you will stick to Carrot2
or other areas you are strong in, and that if you want to move into other code, you will do
so intelligently. Essentially, by making you a Committer, we are mostly just saying - "we
trust you".

But you are a full committer and not a contrib committer. We no longer mint new contrib committers.

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com

Lucene/Solr User Conference
May 25-26, San Francisco