lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Simon Willnauer (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] [Updated] (SOLR-2530) Remove Noggit CharArr from FieldType
Date Fri, 20 May 2011 09:28:47 GMT


Simon Willnauer updated SOLR-2530:

    Attachment: SOLR-2530.patch

Here is a new patch. Thanks yonik I didn't realize that the utf8String() method is slow /
slower. I moved the UTF8ToUTF16 from ByteUtils to UnicodeUtils (plus test) and use it in BytesRef
now. I also switched all FT#indexedToReadable to use a CharsRef (o.a.l.util).

I fixed some minor stuff along the way (generics) and added one nocommit to SimpleFacets since
we are comparing Strings with != there. If thats ok there we should add a comment!

> Remove Noggit CharArr from FieldType
> ------------------------------------
>                 Key: SOLR-2530
>                 URL:
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: Schema and Analysis
>    Affects Versions: 4.0
>            Reporter: Simon Willnauer
>            Assignee: Simon Willnauer
>            Priority: Minor
>              Labels: api-change
>             Fix For: 4.0
>         Attachments: SOLR-2530.patch, SOLR-2530.patch
> FieldType#indexedToReadable(BytesRef, CharArr) uses a noggit dependency that also spreads
into ByteUtils. The uses of this method area all convert to String which makes this extra
reference and the dependency unnecessary. I refactored it to simply return string and removed
ByteUtils entirely. The only leftover from BytesUtils is a constant, i moved that one to Lucenes
UnicodeUtils. I will upload a patch in a second

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
For more information on JIRA, see:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message