lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 3.2.0
Date Sat, 28 May 2011 14:01:07 GMT
Doesn't it seem like result grouping should have a bit of time in svn, getting some early testing,
getting exposed to random testing, rather than shoving it in last second into a release?

The reason I'm not worried that people didn't have a window to shove stuff in at the end,
is that I don't think we should be shoving stuff in at the end. If a big feature was going
to make this release, it should have been in and baking some time ago - otherwise, lets let
it make to the next release. Shoving things in last minute is just not a good approach in
my opinion.

- Mark

On May 28, 2011, at 9:48 AM, David Smiley (@MITRE.org) wrote:

> The basis of my preference to start the 3.2 release was the existence of some
> cool meaningful feature in it over the previous release.  Since Result
> Grouping isn't going to make it, I am not in favor of releasing 3.2. Why not
> wait till we're happy with it being committed?  I've toyed with it a week
> ago and was pleased.
>
> Here are the list of LUCENE and SOLR JIRA issues of type improvement or
> new-feature with a resolution of fixed with a priority greater than "minor"
> and a fix-version for 3.2:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+in+%28SOLR%2C+LUCENE%29+AND+issuetype+in+%28%22New+Feature%22%2C+Improvement%29+AND+resolution+%3D+Fixed+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%223.2%22+and+priority+%3E+minor
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+in+%28SOLR%2C+LUCENE%29+AND+issuetype+in+%28%22New+Feature%22%2C+Improvement%29+AND+resolution+%3D+Fixed+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%223.2%22+and+priority+%3E+minor

> ~ David Smiley
>
> -----
> Author: https://www.packtpub.com/solr-1-4-enterprise-search-server/book
> --