lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 3.2.0
Date Sat, 28 May 2011 21:09:11 GMT
I think I kicked off the 3.2 release discussion back a bit saying it's been about 3 mos (come
June).  To me, roughly every 3 months or so is ideal.

I'm thinking about setting up a Google calendar that we can put reminders on (as well as other
Lucene related events) and then share it publicly (committers would have write access)

On May 28, 2011, at 9:49 AM, Mark Miller wrote:

> The cost of the overhead is paid by volunteers - there is no *need* to release every
month. But if someone is so concerned that a few features have not made it in this release
that are important - there is no reason not too as well - given that the person is willing
to roll the release.

> Releases take 3 +1s - I'll give my +1 as often as someone puts artifacts in front of
me and I have time to verify them.