Hi Roland,

We are proposing exactly this kind of integration facility with our open source WebLab-project (see weblab-project.org). The tutorials are not perfect, but we are a team of 15-like engineers on the project which has more than 4 years history and is currently used in our projects. Our goal is to rely as much as possible on standards and thus each processing step (SourceReader, Normaliser, Analyser...) are defined as Webservice. Then the global orchestration is done in BPEL. On the plus side we have a SolR indexer, but I'm quite sure it's not very optimised ;-).

If you are interested I'll be happy to support you (I'm paid for that already ;-).

cheers